Saturday, January 24, 2009

NRQR (not really quilt-related) or Edward Finds a Home

A couple of weeks ago, my niece Julia lost her young kitty Apple Blossom to kidney failure. She wasn't going to get another cat...

As fate would have it, her mama was at the vet's two days ago and a fine blue-eyed boy named Edward needed a home. Thank the Lord for I-phones! Here's the photo she sent to her daughter Julia "auditioning" Edward. He got the job!

My sister wrote about the situation, "She really wanted an older cat, neutered, still possessing claws, micro-chipped and with all its shots - for real cheap - like that was going to happen! Thursday I took Yoda [her cat]to the vet and there were cages set up in the waiting room with several cats up for adoption. One great big four year old guy with blue eyes and a sweet disposition caught my eye. His previous owner had to take a job truck driving and had to put up this big boy for adoption. I took pictures and played with him. Ed, or Edward, as he was named by his first family, now lives in Cincinnati with Julia. Last night I called to find out if Ed had decided to come out from under the bed and explore the apartment. Why yes, in the span of one half hour, he was in her lap and nuzzling her face. Smart guy - he knows a good deal when he sees it!"

And like all our family cats, one of their main tasks is testing quilts...

Don't you love a happy ending?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a happy ending!

Janet

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love cats - it is beautiful.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

eddie is the best.

Anonymous said...

Loving cats can be very rewarding after the cats have trained you. I keep the can opener locked up. Having had many cats the ones that stand out are special. Cats do show us humans what love is really about. Keep the meeooowww going.

Linda said...

A good NRQR post is just fine.....